What you need to know
- LOCATION: Lamai Serengeti is located in the northern Serengeti, set within the iconic Kogakuria Kopjes with views out over the Mara River Valley and Lamai Wedge.
- HOW TO GET THERE: Fly in (from Arusha, Dar es Salaam or other nothern Tanzania locations) using one of the daily scheduled flights (airstrip is Kogatende). Drive in from other northern Serengeti camps.
- ACCOMMODATION: Lamai Serengeti has just 12 open-fronted rooms split between two separate lodges: the Main Lodge of 8 rooms and the smaller Private Lodge of 4 rooms. All have their own private and roomy verandas spread to enjoy the views.
Each lodge has its own private bar and dining area, with adjoining library/map room and each has its own swimming pool. All rooms have 24-hour power and en-suite bathrooms with hot and cold running water, flush toilets and powerful showers.
- ACTIVITIES: Game drives, guided walks, bush picnics and sundowners. Good chance of Mara River crossings (from July to October) and good all-year round resident game. Lamai Serengeti is the perfect compliment to Nomad's mobile tented Serengeti Safari Camp which will continue to shadow the wildebeest migration, and our other Northern Tanzania camps Kuro Tarangire and Entamanu Ngorongoro.
- OPEN: Year round except from mid March to end May when Lamai Serengeti usually closes for maintenance.