Day 1. Arusha to Serengeti Safari Camp
- Morning flight from Arusha to Ndutu in the southern Serengeti plains. Met by your private Nomad car & guide for a short game drive to camp on the edge of the Ndutu woodlands. Settle into Serengeti Safari Camp for a delicious lunch, siesta in the heat of the day before heading out on an afternoon game drive. Return to camp for hot safari showers, ice cold drinks around the fire and a delicious dinner under the stars.
Day 2. Serengeti Safari Camp
- You can entirely dictate the pace of your day, in discussion with your guide. Search for lion or cheetah along the edge of the woodland or head out into the vast plains to get in amongst the widlebeest migration, along with herds of zebra and gazelle at every turn
- You'll be surprised by the fabulous variety of birdlife in this area as well as the carpet of flowers that develops with the first rains. By early February the wildebeest calving will peak over a 2-3 week period and along with it increased chances of predator activity.
Day 3. Lamai Serengeti
- After an early morning game drive within the woodlands, catch a scheduled flight from Ndutu to Kogatende in the northern Serengeti. Too often ignored at this time of year, this area is a gem in the green season. Recently opened, and sensitively developed within the rocks, Lamai Serengeti has 12 room combing canvas, rock and thatch; each fabulously comfortable room enjoys one of the best views in the whole Serengeti.
Day 4. Lamai Serengeti
- Dominated by the Mara river, full of crocs & hippos, this area is great for lion prides as well as big herds of buffalo, elephant, cheetah as well as leopard in the many kopjes that make this landscape so distinctive. Also look out for the small Oribi which thrives in this area but is otherwise extremely scarce in northern Tanzania generally.
- As well as quiet game drives & walking safaris between camp and the Mara river itself we encourage all our guests to cross the river into the Lamai wedge itself, which runs north to the Kenya border. After the rains, the short grass plains in this area attract concentrations of plains game from Kenya's Maasai Mara to rival even the southern Serengeti at times - and with them, a great chance of seeing lion, hyena & cheetah.
Day 5. Lamai Serengeti
- Another day of fabulous game viewing. Again though, you dictate the pace according to your own particular areas of interest. Don't forget that it's ok to just sit and enjoy the spectacular views!
- We love this area as much as anywhere in the Serengeti and, having been operating mobile & seasonal camps here on and off since 1993 our guides know every nook and cranny.