What you need to know
- LOCATION: Serengeti Safari Camp moves throughout the Serengeti National Park, changing location to follow the movements of the migration (it will not move during your stay). Camp movements are pre-planned in an effort to be within reach of the herds, but this cannot always be guaranteed given the unpredictability of nature and weather conditions.
Read more about the movements of the migration
- HOW TO GET THERE: Depending on the position of the camp, which changes according to time of year, there are daily flights from Arusha (and Dar es Salaam) to the various airstrips; drive in 4WD vehicles (when the camp is in the southern Serengeti)
- THE CAMP: This 12-bed camp has large walk-in East African style Meru tents, with a dressing area separating the beds from the bathroom area. There is a family tent which has two bedrooms and an adjoining sitting area. All of the tents have new eco-flush toilets and safari-style bucket showers. Hot and cold water on demand. There is a separate lounge/library and a dining tent.
- ACTIVITIES: Morning and afternoon shared game drives (unless on private guided package which offers more flexibility) in closed 4WD vehicles (with open-roof hatches) with a Nomad Guide, daily game viewing, great birding; opportunity to see the great wildebeest and zebra migration, large herds of plains game and the highest concentrate of predators in Africa.
- CHILD POLICY: We are delighted to welcome children of 8 and over at Serengeti Safari Camp.
- OPEN: all year round