What you need to know
- LOCATION: In the heart of Katavi National Park, western Tanzania.
- HOW TO GET THERE: By air using our twice-weekly flights from Arusha, operating on Mondays and Thursdays only. The flight will be about 3 to 3.5 hours in length and will make stops at least once (in Tabora for refueling) along the way. Our airstrip, Ikuu, is about 20 minute drive from camp.
- SETTING: Under a canopy of acacia and tamarind trees on the edge of the wide Chada plain (and miles from anywhere!)
- THE ROOMS: Six wide spacious safari tents with large shade windows to catch any passing breezes. The tents have a wood-floored veranda out front. En-suite bathrooms adjoin with safari-style bucket showers (hot water on demand) and eco-flush toilets.
- HIGHLIGHTS: Unbelievable game with vast herds of buffalo roaming the plains; also elephant, lion, leopard, crocodiles and tons of hippo. Return to the creature comforts of Chada Katavi after an exciting day out in the wilds.
- ACTIVITIES: Game drives in open 4WD vehicles, fly camping, outstanding birding and viewing of big game, walking safaris.
Please note that fly camping needs to be booked in advance and there is an extra supplement.
- CHILD POLICY: We are delighted to welcome children of 12 and over at Chada Katavi.
- OPEN: June - mid November